After reading an article from the national French newspaper Le Monde, I wanted to expose it and highlight a few points which may be useful prior to this mega fight on Sunday morning (European time).
This is a ine-way article, botched and typical of the French media prisoners of old clichés and lobbies like boxing or judo, "noble" sports.
Let me add my points then:
1) Even if Conor (and not "Connor") McGregor, a "generalist" of combat (MMA mixing boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, Jiu Jitsu, Karate, etc.) will test himself with a "specialist" in his field Boxing), let’s not forget that he is double World Champion of the largest organization of MMA (UFC) in 66 (145lbs) and 70 kilos (155 lbs).
Comparing him to Hulk Hogan (wrestler) in Rocky 3 is just ignorant of discipline.
2) His victories are almost always by brutal knockout.
3) Conor will be ~ 75 kilos in the ring. Floyd, 65.
4) Conor has just celebrated his 29th birthday. Floyd will soon be 41 years old.
5) Conor is a "south paw", left-handed, who can alternate his position to disrupt his opponent.
6) He does not offer a "traditional" boxing style which I recall failed 49 times (Floyd is at 49 wins and 0 defeats)!
Why a "non-boxer" specialist so could not try his luck?
7) Conor will propose a different style, a karateka stance, low hands with feints that Floyd never saw in official combat
8) Conor and his entourage are absolutely convinced of the victory (KO in 4 rounds)
9) The size of the gloves has been reduced, which should benefit the most powerful puncher (Conor in this case, with 10 kilos more)
10) Floyd promises that he will return to him, abandoning his legendary defensive approach, to satisfy the disappointed fans of the previous fight against Pacquiao.
Conor is a counter-striker, and if Floyd moves forward, Conor will clip him with his left.
11) Conor learns "movement" with Ido Portal (an expert in the field) for, as Bruce Lee said, the water that enters the cup becomes the cup. Adapt to and dominate the situation.
I can of course be wrong, but one thing is certain, all these points should be evoked in a professional article signed by Le Monde.
If Conor succeeds in beating the unbeatable at his own game, a lot of "specialists" will have to find something intelligent to say after this fight, as they kept disrespecting this fight, Conor and this new ultra-demanding sport that is MMA .
As Conor said for a long time, "You're all gonna eat your words, the whole world's gonna eat their words"
Enjoy the fight!